Once you obtain your Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Program Management Professional (PgMP)®, PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)® and/or PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® credential(s), you are required to earn a number of PDUs (Professional Development Units) each year in order to keep the certification. The full requirements are detailed on the Continuing Certification Requirements System website.
There are a number of ways you can earn PDU's with the SWVA PMI chapter:
- Attend a meeting - Each meeting typically earns you one PDU. Visit our events page to find an event near you!
- Attend a networking event – Not only do you network with your fellow chapter members and PMPs, you can also earn a PDU. Networking events are typically held in the spring or summer and will be posted on our calendar of events.
- Attend a workshop – Workshops are typically a focused topic for 4 – 8 hours. Earn a PDU for each hour of the workshop.
- Attend the annual symposium – This is one evet you don’t want to miss! It’s a great day of learning and networking where you can typically earn 8 PDUs for attending. Visit our Annual Symposium page for more information.
- Volunteer with the chapter – What a great way to earn PDU’s, give back to your chapter and community. For more information, visit our Volunteer Opportunities page.
- Attend a webinar
- Attend an event or course with an approved PMI Education Provider
You can also visit PMI’s website to learn more about Ways to Earn PDUs.
To learn more about the PDU Category Structure and Policies, click here.