Is “the juice worth the squeeze”?
As I prepared to write the President Letter to kick-off the 2021 year for SW Virginia PMI, that was the question that popped into my head.
I promise I was only drinking coffee at the time, but it seemed like a good question. I put myself in your shoes and asked, “as a member, was being a part of the SW Virginia PMI Chapter ‘worth the squeeze’?”
For those that may be lost, this slang phrase is asking, “is the effort worth the reward?” It is a “hip” way to reference the cost benefit principal (please do not study this phrase for the PMP exam; I’m sure it won’t be on your test).
Anyway, I have digressed. My point was that I should put myself in your shoes and ask myself, “self, do I as a member, see the benefit of joining and being an active part of the SW Virginia PMI Chapter, given that it has some costs to it?”. I then proceeded to brainstorm the things that we plan to provide in 2021 – the “juice”, if you will.
When I brainstormed what we offer to you, the member – the juice is DEFINITELY worth the squeeze.
Let me tell you about the 2021 juice.
- We will offer valuable content, networking, and professional engagement through our chapter events, programs, and annual symposium.
- We will bring you relevant and up to date programs.
- We will be a source for your PDUs.
- We will bring you the latest trends, business and PM topics, project management tools, and training.
- We will give you regional exposure that will keep you informed, relevant, and excited about your project-oriented careers.
- We will bring you motivation, professional growth, networking, and events that cover interesting topics, while striving to keep you entertained along the way.
Let’s just say, it promises to be juicy!
But, you must squeeze to get the juice. That means we need you to:
- Join, register, attend – and encourage your peers to do the same!
- Provide feedback – we want to hear from you. Tell us what you want!
- Volunteer – be a part of the team! Board members and volunteers are YOU! We need YOU!
As you can tell – I am excited about the New Year. We hope to be back to normalcy in 2021 – but we expect to keep our events virtual at least through the end of June 2021.
We have a great 2021 Board of Directors that care about this chapter and you, our members.
Please join in the fun, and let’s make 2021 a great year for SW Virginia PMI!
Darryl Agee, PMP, PMI-ACP
PMI Southwest Virginia President