Hi PMI-SWVA Chapter Members,
As your out going VP of Technology, I figured it was a good chance to introduce myself!
- How long have you been a member?
- Good Question... Since I graduated college in 2013 and
- What are your certifications?
- PMP, Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) and a candidate for a Masters in Healthcare Administration
- What is your most memorable project you've managed?
- The first one! I was put in charge of managing the redesign and build of the event reporting system at Carilion Clinic. This is the basis of our quality and patient safety program and took me 3 phases and 1.5 years to complete. It was a great learning experience and the best part, when it went live no issues were reported for over a month!
- How has PMI supported your goals / growth?
- How hasn't it! I've learned what is project management through this chapter and it has given me so many opportunities to practice before ever applying in the real world. All of you have taught me so much about leadership that I've applied over and over again, so thank you to everyone.
- What is one lesson learned you would like to share with your fellow members?
- When sending action items, put them at the top of the email because if someone has to scroll on their phone to see what the action is, they will not see it nor do it.
Have a wonderful holiday season,
Published December 4th, 2019