To PMI-SWVA Chapter Members,
On 11/5, the board met for their October board meeting. Below are the highlights and attached are the meeting notes.
* November Chapter Meeting - Nov 12th at Hollins University. Speaker is Kendall Lott, PMP speaking on Managing Motivation: Leadership from an AT Thru-Hike
* December Chapter Meeting - Dec 10th at The Shenandoah Club. Sign-in/cash bar/networking at 5:30pm, formal dinner at 6:00pm. Speaker will be Laura Wade by Thrive by Heart. Cost for members $25, non-members $30. Board voted in favor of covering the additional cost for the event. Door prizes are being solicited.
* Virtual meeting process has been finalized and expenses approved by the Board. Virtual meetings will start taking place in 2020.
* New PM certification recipients will start receiving congratulatory notes. Cost approved by the Board.
* Nominees for Chapter Volunteer of the Year and the David Williamson Award (celebrating those that have spread the skills of project management through the industry) need to be submitted to Paige Kanode this week.
* All Board positions for 2020 have been filled and voted upon. Updates to website in the coming weeks.
* Symposium was extremely successful. Satisfaction survey will be sent to attendees.
* Online vote for Bylaws open since Oct 20. Additional votes needed to meet quorum. Voting closes Nov 28.
* New PMI branding will be reflected in December.
Published Nov 11th, 2019