Learn more about our VP Of Administration, Patrice Freeland
This is a photo of me and my two kids, Intira and Devon.
This is me in total geek heaven with Joel, Jonah and the cast of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
In addition to loving project management and data analytics, I have a passion for natural wellness. Here I am sharing essential oil goodness at a local vendor event.
My fur babies Gobo and Wembley. They may be the most spoiled dogs on the planet.
- How long have you been a member?
- Current membership – 4 years
- What are your certifications?
- PMP; LSS BB; TEK Database Concepts; Toastmasters Advanced Communicator Bronze; Toastmasters Advanced Leader Bronze; doTERRA Aromatouch
- What is your most memorable project you've managed?
- One of my favorite projects was our Sheet Metal System project at GE Drives and Controls. We replaced a very legacy homegrown CAD model translation system with an entirely new end-to-end sheet metal manufacturing system that included new machinery and totally automated dataflow from the engineer’s model through to NC programs and ERP transactions. We had to keep some pretty sophisticated efficiencies in an entirely new application framework. It was a great team effort with lots of creative design and problem-solving. It was also one of my first Agile projects, and I love that methodology for projects of this size and scope. Not only did we save the company over $1M and increased our part manufacturing by 16%, our system became a best practice in the industry.
- How has PMI supported your goals / growth?
- Working for such a large company, it is easy to only see processes and systems through the lens of my employer. PMI has been such a great resource in meeting so many talented people that have other great experiences and tools that I have been able to learn from and use as a benchmark or best practice in my own professional setting. PMI has also given me a platform to share my expertise with others and build on my leadership skills through volunteering and being a member of the Board. And, the friendships are a nice bonus.
- What is one lesson learned you would like to share with your fellow members?
- Always look for the other perspectives in a situation. There are so many points of view that have to be taken into account when building a new process, managing a project and simply interacting with others. When you can search for those other views, you can stay on top of the situation, be a much stronger influencer and a more peaceful person.
Published Sep 29 2019