2019 Annual Symposium (SOLD OUT)
Date: October 18th, 2019
Location: Roanoke College Colket Center (Directions and Parking Click Here)
PDUs: 8 - 5 leadership and 3 to choose your own
Early Bird (August 1st through September 1st Extended through the 8th):
Member = $119
Non-Member = $154
Regular (September 9th through October 17th This event is sold out!):
Member = $149
Non-Member = $184
Click here to find out more
about our Sponsors
Delta Dental of VA
Virginia Western Community College
Big Lick Brewery
In Kind Gold Sponsors:
!! SOLD OUT !!
Reach New Peaks with Project Management
This year has the best speaker lineup yet!
- Opening Keynote: Andy Kauffman
- Andy Kaufman, will be kicking us off with his award winning keynote, “Help for the Crazy Busy.” With a list of clients including the United Nations, Marriott, ExxonMobil and JPMorganChase, Andy brings tremendous energy and insights to our organization and we don’t want you to miss out! He truly is a ROCKSTAR in the PMI world!
- Closing Keynote: Blackdog Salvage
- Speaking of ROCKSTARS in our local community, the fellas from Black Dog Salvage are slated to close out the day with the BDS PM insight and wit!
- Speaker Rob Sanchez will be coming from Delta Dental to talk about SAFe
- Breakout Session Tracks:
- Gearing Up for the Climb: Project management can see like a mystical art. Complex reporting, planning tools, and a myriad of methodologies appear daunting and can put you off undertaking any major project. It helps to remember, every project is a journey, and like any journey, you can equip yourself with everything you need for the trip. Here, we'll take a look at the stages along a project adventure, and give you tips and guidance on how to prepare for your next trip. What should I bring? What gear do I need? How do I get started?
- The Journey: Your planning is done. Your gear is packed. It's time to hit the trail and reach the peak! Like any good adventure, your project is bound to take some unexpected turns. You may experience bumps in the road, your resources may run low and, regardless of how thoroughly you planned, you may find yourself scrambling across unexpected terrain. Here, we will take a look at how to face those challenges head on, using our gear to course correct as we go, to ensure a successful climb to the highest peak!
- The Thrill of the Summit and Pain of the Descent: No project is uneventful. You'll stumble across inspiration, find new ways to do things, and come up against obstacles. It's tempting to move straight to a new project once you have achieved your aim. However, taking time to close a project and reflect on all you learned is invaluable. You will equip yourself and your team with new wisdom and ability to do even better in your next venture.
- Check out our breakout session speakers below:
- Track 1 - Great Up for the Climb
- Heather Bass: Applying Six Sigma for Project Management
- Dr. David Duby: I'm a Project Manager! Now What?
- Kristen Gorman: What do you meme meeting faciitation?
- Track 2 - The Journey
- Rob Sanchez: SAFe
- Michael O'Brochta: Why Bad Projects are Hard to Kill
- Andy Kauffman: Developing a Culture of Engagement
- Track 3 - The Thrill
- Tracy D'Souza: Remote Scrum Maters
- Allen Tuggle: Fail Fast, Fail Often
- Check out their abstracts here: https://pmi-swva.org/index.php/articles/114-2019-symposium-abstracts
- More information about our amazing speakers can be found here: https://pmi-swva.org/index.php/articles/113-2019-symposium-speaker-biographies
- Schedule can be found here: https://pmi-swva.org/index.php/112-symposium-2019-schedule-of-events
- We will be having a raffle at the end of day where PM PrepCast is giving away 3 PMP and PMI-ACP Prepcast packages - $1000 value!
Continue to check back as we update this page with more information.
Parking? Check out a map here: https://pmi-swva.org/index.php/articles/62-symposium-parking-map
10-18-2019 8:00 am
Event End Date
10-18-2019 5:00 pm
Registration Start Date
10-18-2019 7:00 am
Cut off date
10-18-2019 12:15 pm
Pricing Varies - Register early for the best price!