Strategic Projects Manager
- GoodWill Industries
- 2502 Melrose Avenue NW
- Roanoke, VA, 24017
- United States
o Employee Type: Salaried Non-Production
o Contact Name: Chassidy West
Founded over ninety years ago, Goodwill Industries of the Valleys is committed to the vision of eliminating poverty through our mission of empowering individuals, strengthening families, and inspiring communities. Goodwill team members are at the heart of this mission. They are the very individuals we aim to empower, part of the families we want to strengthen, and members of the communities we want to inspire. Through a team-centered model, Goodwill is more connected to the areas we serve. Our team members are the ones who drive innovation, further the impact we make for those we serve, and define the very culture of our organization.
What is a team-centered culture exactly? It’s a commitment to team member development, improved and efficient processes, and a dedication to providing the support needed to be successful. From our retail locations, to our production teams, support staff, and those on the front lines of our mission work, every role within the organization is vital. Collaboration on all levels, sets up both the individual and the organization for success. We would love to have YOU be a part of that success – apply today!
- Determine and define project scope and objectives to support project management for the strategic organizational initiatives.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manger.
- Assist Chief Strategy Officer in preparing budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Select and provide training on group collaboration software tools used to efficiently manage group interaction toward project deliverables.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to stakeholders about strategy, adjustment and progress.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Monitor progress and adjust as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Generate project reports to share with the Executive Team, Board Committees and Board at large.
- Support data analytics needs for the People division including analysis of the Family Health & Self Sufficiency data to provide baseline metric and progress and manage all Human Resources data analytics.
- Develop future data analytics strategy and collaborate with Information Technology to achieve strategic goals.
- Participate in organizational meetings, committees and work groups as assigned.
- Builds effective linkages and positive working relationships with community partners, service providers, and collaborating agencies.
- Assists in other areas as needed and requested.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- BA/BS from an accredited four-year college or university in computer science, business analytics or related field. Master’s Degree in related field preferred, 1-3 years of project management, business analytics or related experience.
- PMP Certification or willingness to work toward PMP certification preferred.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to respond timely and effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints while adhering to confidentiality issues. Ability to communicate appropriately with staff, colleagues, supervisors, community partners, participants and all other interested parties.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as budgetary analysis, revenue/expense calculations, and rate determination for vendors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to successfully complete FBI and/or State background investigation and drug screen.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to provide proof of insurance is required to drive personal vehicle on company business. Additionally, an acceptable motor vehicle record based on Goodwill guidelines is required to drive a company vehicle or to transport program participants.