PMI-SWVA will be synonymous with world-class Project Management expertise and high levels of business value delivery in Southwest Virginia and beyond.
To foster a community of Project Management excellence in Southwest Virginia.
Our Primary Objectives
- To help bring premier Project Management knowledge, skills, and resources to our region and our organizations.
- To promote individual, organizational, and regional growth through professional development, training and education, certification, networking, cross-industry information sharing, best practices, partnerships, and workforce development.
- Growth through Value: To focus on value delivery to further strengthen and grow the PMI-SWVA chapter and increase member acquisition, retention, and active participation.
- Relevance and Timeliness: To perform strategic marketing and continuously improve the relevance and timeliness of activities and offerings to deeply resonate with the professional and educational needs of the members, potential members, students, and greater business community in Southwest Virginia.
- Alignment: To ensure continued alignment with PMI's evolving Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program while maintaining the high levels of content quality that constituents have come to expect and deserve.
- Opportunity Creation: To provide ample opportunities for the membership to network, volunteer, engage in community outreach, expand their leadership skills, and most importantly, to have fun.
We have a number of exciting plans in the works:
- NEW Sponsorship Programs
- Website Advertising
- New "Give Back" Event
- Monthly newsletters
- Membership Drive
- Scholarship Program
- Taking it to the schools
- Networking ONLY events
What We Need
To grow and serve, we need
- Your ideas
- Your skills and knowledge
- Your commitment to join PMI and the Southwest Virginia Chapter
- Your active and continued contribution & participation
We look forward to meeting you soon.