Welcome to the Project Management Institute (PMI) Southwest Virginia Chapter.
This year, PMI Southwest Virginia (PMI SWVA) is celebrating our 16th year! PMI SWVA is recognized as the largest percent of credential holders in Region 5. Our chapter provides project management professionals/practitioners with training, professional development, and chapter events that are geared towards the advancement in project management. Our mission statement and objectives are to foster a community of Project Management excellence in Southwest Virginia by help bring premier Project Management knowledge, skills, and resources to our region and our organization and to promote individual, organizational, and regional growth through professional development, training and education, certification, networking, cross-industry information sharing, best practices, partnerships, and workforce development.
PMI SWVA 2019 Elections are complete. Here is your new board as of January 1, 2019.
- President – Paige Kanode, PMP, PMI-ACP
- President Elect – Jeff Dillon, PMP, ACP, CAPM
- Past President – Brian Blackwell, PMP, PMI-ACP
- VP of Administration – Patrice Freeland PMP
- VP of Finance – Ragan Farris, PMP, PMI-ACP
- VP of Marketing – Carole Porter, PMP
- VP of Membership – Dave Rakes, PMP
- VP of Professional Development – Megan Adkins
- VP of Programs – Looking for a volunteer!
- VP of Technology – Kristen Gorman, PMP
- Director at Large – Darryl Agee, PMP, PMI-ACP
- Director at Large – Carri Edminston, PMP
- Director at Large – Doug Martin, PMP, PMI-ACP
- Director at Large – Heather Norvell
We have a great board of directors and I am excited to lead this group through 2019. We are still looking for a VP of Programs and if you are interested, please let me or one of the board members know. Thank you to 2018 board members that are moving on to other adventures; they helped shape the chapter into what it is today. A special thank you to Mitzi Steele, Irvin Childress, Emily Cohen and James Specht. I appreciate all you have done for the chapter and you will be missed.
Our focus in 2019 will be to:
- Have new and different events this year. Look for round-table discussions, company tours, a family event and more!
- Connect personally with our members. We will welcome new members, celebrate new certifications and much more!
- Provide members the opportunity to attend meetings virtually. Stay tuned for more details!
- Provide a volunteer event that offers chapter members the opportunity to give back to the community.
- Establish a mentoring program for potential PMPs and ACPs that provides them the opportunity to ask questions, network and form study groups
I look forward to meeting you at our next chapter event and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have ideas or most importantly would like to volunteer for your chapter.
If you are new to the area and would like to attend a chapter meeting, please contact me for additional information.
Thank you for being a member of the Southwest Virginia Chapter!
Paige Kanode, President