Dear PMI Southwest Virginia Chapter
I am thankful for the opportunity to serve as President of our chapter in 2022. I thank you, our members, for your participation in the PMI chapter. And many thanks to my fellow board members who volunteer their time and talents to keep our PMI chapter in good standing.
With over 300 members strong, you make our chapter great! Here are our mission, vision, and value statements:
- Growth through Value: To focus on value delivery to further strengthen and grow the PMI-SWVA chapter and increase member acquisition, retention, and active participation.
- Relevance and Timeliness: To perform strategic marketing and continuously improve the relevance and timeliness of activities and offerings to deeply resonate with the professional and educational needs of the members, potential members, students, and greater business community in Southwest Virginia.
- Alignment: To ensure continued alignment with PMI's evolving Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program while maintaining the high levels of content quality that constituents have come to expect and deserve.
- Opportunity Creation: To provide ample opportunities for the membership to network, volunteer, engage in community outreach, expand their leadership skills, and most importantly, to have fun.
By autumn 2022, four of our ten board positions will be on the election ballot for the next term (January 2023 – December 2024). As a chapter member, please consider your possible candidacy in our year 2022 election. As a longtime chapter volunteer, I can say that, notwithstanding the challenges, the experience can be fulfilling and rewarding.
Let’s make 2022 a great year!
Vicki Kibbe, PMP, PMI-ACP, ITIL, CSM, SAFe
Welcome to our PMI Southwest Virginia Chapter.
It’s a new year, new decade, and we are inspired that our membership has stayed consistent through this difficult and challenging pandemic. We remain strong with over 280 members in the chapter today. Founded in 2003, PMI Southwest Virginia continues to provide project management professionals in the area with best in class training, professional development and chapter events that are aimed to help you advance your skills. The chapter provides the latest resources and best practices in project management to keep you well informed. Our mission is to foster a community of Project Management excellence in Southwest Virginia.
Taking on this initiative and many others, here is your new board as of January 1, 2022.
- President - Vicki Kibbe
- President Elect – Iliana Sepúlveda
- Past President – Darryl Agee
- VP of Administration – John Casler
- VP of Finance – Chris Riha
- VP of Marketing and Communication – Emily Wilhelm
- VP of Membership – Bobby Stone
- VP of Professional Development – Jennifer Dodde
- VP of Programs – Heather Price
- VP of Technology – Phil Hobrla
- Director at Large – David Williamson
- Director at Large – Lydia Aluise
- Director at Large – Tony Aluise
- Director at Large – Marlene Wray
- Director at Large – Laura Vest
Our board includes project managers with diverse backgrounds and experience with project management. I am so excited to work with this team of volunteers this year. If you are interested in joining the board, we always welcome additional Directors at Large. A special thank you to Emily Cohen and Marlene Wray for their work with identifying and nominating new members for the board this year. Additionally, we are very appreciative to the many years of service from Jo Moore, Emily Cohen and Carri Edmiston who all stepped down from board officer positions at the end of 2021.
In 2022, we are committed to continuing our strategies to grow participation, align with PMI certification requirements, and provide an opportunity to network, expand skills and have fun. This will include:
- Welcome newly certified PMI members to PMI-SWVA and celebrate existing members at they achieve new certifications
- Host monthly chapter meetings across the region showcasing a variety of venues, meeting formats and industries
- Provide ‘hybrid’ chapter meeting participation in Lynchburg, Roanoke and/or Blacksburg through new technology investments
- Grow the diversity of our partnerships and sponsorships with regional business partners, organizations and education
- Offer additional opportunities to volunteer and give back to our communities through chapter events
- Create/support a Student Chapter organization
I look forward to seeing you at our chapter meetings and annual symposium this year. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are interested in volunteering or new ideas for the chapter.
Thank you for your membership and support of our local PMI Southwest Virginia Chapter.
Vicki Kibbe, PMP, PMI-ACP, ITIL, CSM, SAFe
PMI Southwest Virginia President